Adverse events that occur in a recipient following COVID-19 vaccination should be reported to VAERS. Vaccination providers are required by FDA to report the following that occur after COVID-19 vaccination:
- Vaccine administration errors whether or not associated with an adverse event
- Serious adverse events, irrespective of attribution to vaccination
- Cases of Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome (MIS) in adults and children
- Cases of myocarditis after a Pfizer-BioNTech or a Moderna vaccine
- Cases of pericarditis after a Pfizer-BioNTech or a Moderna vaccine
- Cases of COVID-19 that result in hospitalization or death
Reporting is encouraged for any other clinically significant adverse event, even if it is uncertain whether the vaccine caused the event. Information on how to submit a report to VAERS is available at https://vaers.hhs.gov or by calling 1-800-822-7967.