Four egg-based quadrivalent inactivated influenza vaccines (IIV4s) and one cell-based quadrivalent inactivated influenza vaccine (ccIIV4), all given as intramuscular (IM) injections, are available for children age 6 months and older:
- Afluria Quadrivalent (CSL Seqirus): 0.25 mL/dose for age 6 through 35 months; 0.5 mL/dose for age 3 years and older
- Fluarix Quadrivalent (GSK): 0.5 mL/dose for age 6 months and older
- FluLaval Quadrivalent (GSK): 0.5 mL/dose for age 6 months and older
- Fluzone Quadrivalent (Sanofi): 0.25 mL or 0.5 mL per dose for age 6 through 35 months; 0.5 mL/dose age 3 years and older
- Flucelvax Quadrivalent (ccIIV4, CSL Seqirus) cell-based (no egg antigen): 0.5 mL/dose (IM) for age 6 months and older
FluMist Quadrivalent (LAIV4, AstraZeneca) egg-based live nasal spray vaccine is 0.2 mL (intranasal, 0.1 mL in each nostril) for healthy, non-pregnant children and teens age 2 years and older.